Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2006, 10:47 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default So how do I kill off a heron thats eating my koi

Gill Passman wrote:
Derek Broughton wrote:

Not a problem, I think. If every email has to be valid (if they want
moderated posts returned) the software should be able to mung the email
addresses.

I hadn't thought of that - email addies munged by the moderation
software sounds a good idea....I wonder how far this could be taken -
would it, for example, be possible for only the robo-moderation software
to know the "real addresses" of posters - so if a post is returned it
automatically unmungs the address without a human being ever having to
know the true address?

I would consider munging the email address a form of editing and am,
therefore, personally opposed to the idea,subject to persuasion. My 2¢

~Semper Fi~