Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2003, 03:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Power Cycling

Has anyone experimented with power cycling their pumps? I wonder what kind
of effect having it on for an hour, off for an hour, etc. would have?
Certainly a bit less power used. Maybe more settling in the filter area (VF
in my case)? Same water quality? My thinking here is in regards to my VF. My
pond will be about 3000 gallons, and my VF about 500 gallons. I am thinking
of moving some water into the VF, pump off, let the veggies go to work on
"that water" for an hour or so, then pump in a new batch.

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.