Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default ZooPlankton

Posted by
Ed Alston one of Carols socks hard at work.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:06:50 -0600, Angel deVine ""
wrote:

Uh... you forgot RAMR......

"Tristan" wrote in message
m...
I shudder to think what bieng one of CArols socks would
entail........since the sock is connected to that loon, there could
not ne anything positive associated with it.

Hey Carol.....BOOOOOOOOOO....you lunatic!

-------

Tristan wrote:

Yep.......dollar for dollar.Filterdirect.com is the way togo.
You can buy a Kent or coralife or any number of other "big name"
brands sold by aquarium and fish shops, and one is not any better tan
the other. You can get soaked dollar wise or get a perfectly capanble
unit and sabe a lot of money. Checkout Ebay auciton site for a selled
that goes by filterdirect. You can elect to bid on enbay or just use
his toll free number and give him a call. His phone nuber is listed on
his ebay store stuff. The fellas name is Oscar, andhe is locate din
CAlifornia. He willsellyou a unit without haivng to go through Ebay
for whatever his buy it now price is, which is about half of what most
LFS charge for a similar unit.

Somew folks say 100 gpd is not the way to go as its not going to give
good water. I have two of them and both are 99% pure output accoding
to my TDS meter. If yu prefer to go with a lower GPD rate, Oscar will
install whatever membrane you desire for no additional charge.......
IMHO , I give $122 for a RODI unit with reechargeable DI resin
carts, and a total of 5 stages delivered to my door. Thats a good
price. I gave 108 for a unit from Aqua Safe or somehting liek that,
who is yet another seller on ebay and the unit has been nothng but
trouble, and when yu consider whats involved with them, its hard to
imagine they can be problematic. I have had trouble with auto shut
off, cracking housings etc etc. It cost me $130 delivered and its been
crap. I have since purchased yet another from Filterdirect and
installed it in my barn for my fish room down there andits been
trouble free as well. So my vopte is out to Oscar of Filterdirect for
a good price and great service on a rodi unit. That is unless you like
to plop down 200+ and not get anythng any better
http://www.filterdirect.com

So Kurt how close did that nasty weather ocme to yur place. Hear 5 or
6 houses wwre demolished near Jacksonville..........real bummer.

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:50:33 -0500, KurtG
wrote:

I'm looking into an RO system, so I can give up buying gallon
jugs at
walmart. Any recommendations?

--Kurt

-------

Tristan wrote:

I hate to say it , but Wet web media have a host of folks renowned
for their work in the marine world. You can take their word for what
they say in all honesty and integrity.

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:51:26 -0600, "Pszemol"
wrote:

"TheRock" wrote in message news:xzRjh.1227$oo4.1082@trndny09...
I wrote the wet web media crew:

Thank you for contacting us at WetWebMedia.com
Your reply is below

Question: Swee****er Zooplankton is fresh water Daphnia.
Any thoughts on feeding freshwater plankton to Marine creatures ?
I've been using it for 4 years and my fish seem to like it.
It is useful for marine use... has a similar "laxative effect" if fed too
often, exclusively... But nutritious, pathogen-free... BobF

Any data on composition or nutritional value backing up
somehow this "usefulness" or this is just an opinion ?

-------

-------

ZooPlankton Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:45 PM
Phytoplankton/zooplankton hereward Ponds 9 08-06-2006 06:54 AM