Old 07-01-2007, 03:19 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default A Question about Charters and their implementation through moderation policy.

You really are a dumb asss like the rest of your sheep aren't you
Ron? Just because there is a charter you seemtol think its gong to be
folowed either short term or long term. Wake the **** up
dumbass.......The ten comandments say not to kill yet they do,
contracts are made to be be broken, so go get a freaking clue you
dumbass and come back when you can complrehend what the hell a charter
really means...Not a dam thing to anyone.

On 7 Jan 2007 06:46:33 -0800, "Lieken" wrote:

wrote:
As I understand it, a charter is a permanent document that states the
goals and purposes of a newsgroup. It also lists what is permitted
and what is not permitted.
Is this accurate?

No it is not. Take for example Talk.Origins, there is a charter. One
moderator. He doesn't follow it. A moderator becomes God of his news
group, and can do what he please.

My understanding also is that the Moderation Policy is a declaration
of the methods of implementation of the charter, and that it can be
changed to meet the goals and purposes of the charter.
Is this correct?

Nope.

Here is my question. If an issue (such as suspension) is
not even mentioned whatsoever in the charter, then is it possible,
at some point in the future, to establish some form of suspension
policy?
Or is it the contrary: that if it is not mentioned in the
charter, then it can never become a part of moderation policy?

ron

Ron, once you get your group. You can do whatever you want.
We know why your asking these questions. Carol is trying to set policy.
Don't worry on Usenet nothing is set in stone.

-------

Ping Galen was r.p.m moderation policy Ponds 0 12-01-2007 02:22 PM
r.p.m moderation policy [email protected] Ponds 2 12-01-2007 12:51 AM
r.p.m moderation policy Tristan Ponds 0 11-01-2007 05:41 PM
r.p.m moderation policy Tristan Ponds 0 11-01-2007 05:39 PM