Old 18-04-2003, 06:57 AM
Edward Fisher

Default Are Children's Pools Fish Safe?

I need to move my gold fish and koi from their current ponds into a temp.
holding area while I put in a new pond. I was thinking of getting a
children's pool but I'm worried about the plastic liner/material not being
fish safe. I plan on keeping the fish in the temp. holding area for about a
week.

Does anyone have experience using these children's pools?

Thanks.

- Edward

Old 18-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Edward Fisher wrote:
I need to move my gold fish and koi from their current ponds into a temp.
holding area while I put in a new pond. I was thinking of getting a
children's pool but I'm worried about the plastic liner/material not being
fish safe. I plan on keeping the fish in the temp. holding area for about a
week.

Does anyone have experience using these children's pools?

Thanks.

- Edward

I have two kiddie pools that I have used to keep my fish
when cleaning the ponds or doing work that requires the
water to be lowered. One warning, be sure to cover the pool
- fish will often jump when in new surroundings. Also keep
the pool shaded so that the water doesn't get overheated by
the sun.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Doug

I have used both the Plastic preformed Kiddie pools and the blow up one.I
feel safer with the performed.I would definitely net the pool for jumping
fishes.I also gave it a good rinsing before filling
Doug
rthlink.net...