Old 09-03-2007, 11:28 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default rec.ponds.moderated

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Reel McKoi wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Reel McKoi wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Nick Cramer wrote:
As soon as rec.ponds.moderated is established and I am able to
subscribe to it, I will unsubscribe from rec.ponds. ;-))

Disfellowshipped for life!!!!!!!!!

Depends how long it takes for news servers to pick it
up.............no sign yet
--
ßôyþëtë
==========================

They said the 9th, which is nearly gone' here in the UK
--
ßôyþëtë

============================
It's suppertime here in mid America. 4:38 PM.

Hope you enjoyed your supper.
Now that comment won't be allowed in the new group.
--
ßôyþëtë

===============================
Yes it will from what I understand. What wont be allowed are the nasty
snipes, insults and personal attacks. Hopefully we'll return to the type of
group it was pre-invasion.

I had many happy years here. ;-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:32 PM posted to rec.ponds

BoyPete wrote:

So why were the mods not ready? Why was the 3rd RFD published if the things
were not inplace to open the group? Credibility is disappearing..........

The creation of rpm was made by the Big8 at the very first opportunity
that they got to do so under the creation process.....I would hazard a
guess that it is not common to do this within hours of the LCC expiring.....

The mods are ready, however, it is better that we have a short period to
allow us to set up the moderation software to suit the group and the
charter as I'm sure all will agree...the configuration and testing of
software is not done in minutes - it takes a little bit longer and it is
better that it is done right at the onset. The speedy decision to create
the group did not allow for this time.....hence, we as moderators, in
the best interests of the group, requested a short delay in the group
creation....It will be with you very soon.....and in a far better state
than it would have been if we had rushed everything through in the
number of days first stated.....

Gill