Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-04-2003, 12:44 PM
James Cook

Default Do your levels drop in the spring?

I've only got a small nature pond (surface area around 90 sq ft - deep
section around 3 1/2 foot), no moving water, no mechanical filtration. I'm
in the south east of the UK and we've had a fairly dry 8 weeks, we've had a
hot few days (well, hot for here in April !) around 20-25 Celsius for the
last 3 days, its cooled off a bit today (12 degrees) and its gotten fairly
breezy overnight and today. I have noticed that the level has dropped about
10mm in the last 24 hrs. Would you consider this normal ? I do have lots of
grasses etc. growing on and invading the fringes of the pond if that makes
any difference.