Old 19-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Snake question

A friend of mine told me to crush up some moth balls, mix with kitty litter
and sprinkle around the ponds and it would repell snakes.
Any body know if this is true?
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 19-04-2003, 09:56 PM

I don't know if it is true or not but they have some stuff on the
market that's supposed to repel snakes. I bought some the other day.
It smells like mothballs and allegedly has sulphur in it. I bought
the moth balls and am going to try garden sulphur. It will be a lot
less expensive.

It's called Snake AWay or some such thing.

Old 19-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Moth balls have a limited life expectancy! how long does an application
last?

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 19-04-2003, 11:56 PM
KenCo

Priscilla McCullough wrote:

A friend of mine told me to crush up some moth balls, mix with kitty litter
and sprinkle around the ponds and it would repell snakes.
Any body know if this is true?
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

mothballs keep most pests away but I didnt see snakes
listed
http://www.ourgardengang.com/Critter_Problems.htm

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.
Old 20-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Pinkpggy

The only thing I want to caution everyone about moth balls, is that they are
poison to your dogs and cats. So if you use them, fix them so they can't get
into them.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
GD

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Seems it depends upon a
particular snake species response to the naphthalene (the chemical of
mothballs). And, further, it seems individuals of the same species
may respond differently (e.g. some are repelled, others are not).
Considering the potential dangers to wildlife and pets that may ingest
mothballs strewn about a pond, you might reconsider this approach.