Old 19-04-2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default starting pump for spring.....frog and fish worry

Hi
Im starting my pump up probably tonight. Water is pretty murky from
winter, wanted to make sure there arent any fish orfrogs hanging out
in the bottom drain. Any advice?
My bottom drain is just some 3" hosing running over the liner running
to a retro bottom drain.
Any suggestions?

Old 19-04-2007, 08:07 PM posted to rec.ponds

Thanks for the heads up!

On Apr 19, 2:42 pm, wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 10:16:35 -0700, wrote:

Hi
Im starting my pump up probably tonight. Water is pretty murky from
winter, wanted to make sure there arent any fish orfrogs hanging out
in the bottom drain. Any advice?
My bottom drain is just some 3" hosing running over the liner running
to a retro bottom drain.
Any suggestions?

Hi Bill,
I have a "mud" earth pond, with no bottom drains, so I don't
have any experience there to advise you.
I would like to mention that since you were last here, a new
ponding group has been formed (about a month ago.) Its called
rec.ponds.moderated.
Most of the ponders have gone over to that group, although a few
still stop in here occasionally..

You might get an answer here, but you're more likely to get some
good info/help over at the new group.
If you are reading this from google, you might want to subscribe
to google's version of rec.ponds.moderated. If you are reading
directly from usenet with a newsreader, you will probably need to
refresh/update your newsgroup list.
(Some people using Agent have found it necessary to completely
re-download their entire group list.)

Rec.ponds and rec.ponds.moderated now co-exist side by side.

Ron Schompert