Old 03-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Water Iris? Jerri?

You got to take some pictures and show us!!!!
I can put them on a website for you.
All you got to do is mail them to me. :-)
Priss
"Jerrispond" wrote in message
Hey Jerri...is it you that has a zillion iris in you VF? I can't remember
who, but I think was you...If so...of if not...What kind of iris are

they?
Are these regular old Iris bulbs or something special?

That is me ok....and they all are in bloom right now....It is
spectacular....close to 200 blooms I would guess maybe more....Most of

them are
yellow flag iris. I have beards, siberian, and La. in the dirt around the
yard. In the ponds veggie filter is flags...in lava rock, in milk
crates....they are my only filter Jerri

Old 05-05-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Fish Head" wrote in message
Here are some photos of water iris on my web page
http://bmoke.freeyellow.com/ . Because the iris divide and multiply,
I have transplanted several to the gound in the yard. There are some
pics on the main page and under the pond photos under Year 2002.

So they are splittable? They're not bulbs like regular iris?

BV.

Old 06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
RichToyBox

BV,

The water iris are rhizomes like the bearded iris. They just grow so much
faster. In one year, you will probably find that they need to be divided at
least once and maybe twice if you have them in pots. I put a small clump in
the ground beside the pond several years ago, and they have had many 8 or 10
inch clumps removed, and I could probably get a hundred of that size clump
right now, and that is without the fish poo.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 06-05-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
BV,

The water iris are rhizomes like the bearded iris. They just grow so much
faster. In one year, you will probably find that they need to be divided

at
least once and maybe twice if you have them in pots. I put a small clump

in
the ground beside the pond several years ago, and they have had many 8 or

10
inch clumps removed, and I could probably get a hundred of that size clump
right now, and that is without the fish poo.
--

Awesome...I bought a yellow and a purple this year...both pots appear to
have 3-4 plants each!

BV.

Iridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded irisIridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded iris Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 2 01-02-2009 10:24 PM
Jerri LRobi31070 Ponds 3 18-06-2003 04:08 PM
Prayer for Jerri Priscilla McCullough Ponds 18 15-04-2003 03:45 PM
Say a prayer for Jerri Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 3 07-04-2003 03:08 PM
Hi Jerri and gang Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 0 29-03-2003 01:56 AM