Old 08-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Debra Dion

Default Pond Plants

Is it my imagination or is the pond plant business in
trouble?

I bought plants from three different suppliers last year and
they are all out of biz. Any recommendations on a good on
line plant source?

--
Ryan

Old 08-05-2003, 03:32 AM
John Rutz

Debra Dion wrote:
Is it my imagination or is the pond plant business in
trouble?

I bought plants from three different suppliers last year and
they are all out of biz. Any recommendations on a good on
line plant source?

--
Ryan

you might try this one

-- http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tranzplant/index.html

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 08-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Have you tried other PORGS in your area for free pond plants and stuff?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 08-05-2003, 05:20 AM
REBEL JOE

I get mine on e-bay from JJ'S his are all treated. And good prices.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 08-05-2003, 01:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Debra Dion" wrote in message
Is it my imagination or is the pond plant business in
trouble?

I bought plants from three different suppliers last year and
they are all out of biz. Any recommendations on a good on
line plant source?

I got my plants at Metzler's in Columbia, MD. They had a nice selection and
decent prices, most plants being $12.99. I also got some from Mark, the
neighbor around the corner which appears to be the best source of low priced
plants...free.

BV.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:08 PM
DaBear

Try these folks. located just south of portland oregon, I've known the plant
dept manager personally for 17 years. they have high quality plants, and
service is first rate.
http://www.thewatergardenshop.com/index.html
18 months ago I had to do an emergency liner replacement. a nightmare when
you consider my main pond is 27'L x30'Wx4'deep. I called, said I needed an
EPDM liner ASAP and when I got there 20 minutes later it was cut, rolled and
ready load in the car, and the price was very fair.I have never had a
problem with anything I have purchased there.
You can see my pond at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dragonladynw
Be well,
Bear

Old 09-05-2003, 01:44 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

I buy from Bonniesplants.com.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Denise

I'm pretty lucky I guess. There are EIGHT "aquatic" centers within an
hour's drive from my house. Ponds have become very popular here in the
last few years. Three of the places are "koi farms" and sell fish year
round.

I just bought a huge, lovely Black Taro plant for just $11.99. I try to
stay away from tropicals (since I am in zone 5) and buy hardy stuff. I
have water hyacinth now and will add some water lettuce in another week
or so. Has been too cold here. My cattails from last year look pretty
good. I'm looking forward to lily blooming...

Denise

Tour my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 15-05-2003, 08:08 AM