Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Black Knight

Default Newbe Question: Pond liners

OK, I got the hole dug out and I got the rubber liner, now how do I
get the liner in without a ton of wrinkles in it?

Seens kinda like putting a square peg in a round hole.

Metro Detroit Area 5
Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Black Knight" wrote in message
OK, I got the hole dug out and I got the rubber liner, now how do I
get the liner in without a ton of wrinkles in it?

Seens kinda like putting a square peg in a round hole.

Th only answer I could find for this question was, you can't. What I did was
fold/pleat the liner where I could, and make sure the pleats point away from
the most pleasing views.

BV.

Old 09-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Gareee©

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Black Knight" wrote in message
OK, I got the hole dug out and I got the rubber liner, now how do I
get the liner in without a ton of wrinkles in it?

The solution I read about, was fill about a foot of water in the pond, and
pull the wrinkles out from the various sides. Once you get the bottom
smooth, the rest is sorta a "hide with rocks and moss" solution.

ALSO.. BEST tips I read was also dig a "ledge" all around the entire pool,
about a foot around. Your liner will be placed here, and your rock border
will be placed on the ledge. This way the rocks aren't sitting "on top" of
the ground, but at ground level.

If you want, another solution recommended last week, was to place a second
layer of rocks on top of the first, and sandwich your liner's edges between
them, hiding the edge of it that way. it forms a sideways "U" shape, and
helps to retain your water and prevent's overspill.

We're actually moving next month, and have not only a water runoff on the
property, but also two underground springs, with small streams.

The plan is to dig a small retention "pond" with a spilloff stream, and to
route that to connect the other two springs. if possible, we'll add our
backyard "pond" between those two small streams, and should have a flow
through of water. We'll add a pump and waterfall to this, some lighting, and
maybe even a sonic myster.

The plans for a pond liner are to use one of those plastic kid's pools, and
to paint it black with the new Krylon fusion paint.

Any idea if we could add fish to this scenario? The back pond would be a the
target of the fish, and it would probably be about 3 ft deep, and about
10x10 or 12x12 or so...

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 09-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
Black Knight wrote:

OK, I got the hole dug out and I got the rubber liner, now how do I
get the liner in without a ton of wrinkles in it?

Seens kinda like putting a square peg in a round hole.

Get it as best as you can, then concrete over it.

jay
Fri, May 9, 2003

Metro Detroit Area 5

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."