Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM

Default Soggy lily flower buds

HI all. I have a problem with my water lilies. Got a couple of pretty flower heads but I also had several mushy flower buds that just were floppy in the water. The plants along with soil, rocks and water are in a large plastic container which I put them in early last year and I had the problem last summer too. Don't know where I'm going wrong. Also seem to have loads of lily pads which cover any pretty flowers so I am removing some of the pads so I can see them. Also have some of that green slimey blanket weed which I remove every other day. Would appreciate any advice, thank you.

Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 04:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 0 13-06-2007 05:59 AM
Gypsum, soggy garden bed Andrew Tune Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:33 AM