Old 12-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Joe Blow

Default Looking for water plants in northern Colorado

Hey all,

My wife and I are looking for some water plants for our Koi pond here in
northern Colorado (Fort Collins). They are quite expensive at the stores
around here, so if anyone has any cuttings or extra plants they want to
share or get rid of, please let us know. Thanks a lot.

John and Jeanne Mick

Old 18-05-2003, 12:32 AM
James Meiss

In article ,
"Joe Blow" wrote:

My wife and I are looking for some water plants for our Koi pond here in
northern Colorado (Fort Collins).

I've got some water iris that I could easily split up for you if you
want. A yellow bloom, though I've rarely been sucessful in getting them
to bloom.

I'm in Boulder, BTW. You can contact me off list by going to my web site
to get my email address.

--
James Meiss
http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/jdm
Old 18-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Gary

Water hyacinths do quite well (I live in Grand Junction). They don't make
it through the winter here, but for $2.00 you can buy one new plant at the
nursery and have a whole pond full buy the end of summer. I am trying water
lettuce this year. They tell me that it's not so prolific. Also, I have a
zebra reed grass and a water lily that are hardy. My pond is 2 ft. deep, so
they just live in the pond year 'round
Gary