Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 PM
PETEFT15

Default Oscars in Trouble

Hi all,

Well, the oscars certainly don't like it out in the pond. They did not look
good at all. So I filled a tub up with water from the pond, I would guess
about 20 gallons. No way near big enough for these guys...they are about 8"
long. I have a filter on it, but it is not meant for something that
big...better than nothing. I don't have anyplace to keep them permanently. I
need to find a new home for them. I do know about the nitrogen cycle, but it's
been a long time since I extablished my tank, and I started with just a few
fish...which I still have. Anyway, If anyone in the Boston area can give a
nice home to a pair of oscars, they are free. I have also e-mailed the
original owner, to see if he knows of another place for them. If worse comes
to worse, I guess we can ask the LFS if they'd like them. There is a black and
grey tiger oscar, and an albino oscar with some orange on it (and a couple of
small battle scars). These guys certainly deserve better than what we can give
them here.

Until then...I guess we'll have to keep up with the water changes!

Thanks,
Erin

Old 14-05-2003, 01:44 AM
~ jan

No kidding, and they'd probably give one a big container of koi food for
bringing such big Oscars in. ~ jan

"PETEFT15" wrote in message
[...]

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Trouble ID'ing lawn trouble GaryM Gardening 0 24-05-2004 10:05 PM
oscars..playing dead? PETEFT15 Ponds 7 12-05-2003 08:21 AM
Are pond snails trouble for a planted tank? Tim Downey Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:11 AM
Having trouble with a fern rusty Plant Biology 1 23-02-2003 05:18 AM
Pansy trouble Kathy Gardening 0 22-02-2003 07:39 PM