Old 14-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Critical Popperian

Default Our First Lilly Bloom, on a Rainy Day

http://www.popperian.com/pond/page16.htm
Old 14-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Critical Popperian wrote:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page16.htm

I had been happy with just the leaves coming up.
Congratulations!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 14-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Nedra

How Exciting! The first lily bloom is always the best.

Nedra

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page16.htm

Old 14-05-2003, 10:56 PM
K30a

Hmmm, I think I'll go out to the pond
and lecture the lilies - come on, other
lilies are blooming, get your act together!!

k30a
Old 15-05-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
Critical Popperian wrote:
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page16.htm

I had been happy with just the leaves coming up.
Congratulations!

Blooms? Really? I can expect blooms? I thought that was just marketing hype
on the label. I was happy to see the new leaves popping up...now I can look
forward to flowers too!!!

BV.

Old 15-05-2003, 06:56 PM
jammer

On Thu, 15 May 2003 09:42:28 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

Blooms? Really? I can expect blooms? I thought that was just marketing hype
on the label. I was happy to see the new leaves popping up...now I can look
forward to flowers too!!!

BV.

LOL........i get another leaf every few days. I am up to about 14.
Flowers would only be a bonus. It will be wierd if i ever see a bloom
in the water anyway!

Old 15-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Pinkpggy

Where do you live that a lillie is already blooming? Ours are just beginning
to hit the surface of the water.
Old 15-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Thu, 15 May 2003 15:18:37 -0500, Pinkpggy wrote:

Where do you live that a lillie is already blooming? Ours are just
beginning to hit the surface of the water.

Got three up and open here in Missouri.
OK, one is in the basement pond under grow lights, but the other two
are in their natural environment.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
Old 16-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Critical Popperian

I live north west of Atlanta. We have another lilly ready to bloom
also, and the one that had that flower has 3 more coming! Pretty darn
cool I gotta say!

I think I'm mostly just getting lucky, but these things are growing
like mad.

I just planted them all freely and they are in a 'soil' made of
accidentally added clay, decayed leaves and fish poop pumped on to
them

The lotus is doing great so far also. Who woulda thought planting it
in rocks and it would grow so well?