GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/22789-plant-question.html)

John Rutz 25-05-2003 08:08 PM

Plant question

wrote:
amazing. it is the chloride ions that make salt "salty". in softening, it is the
sodium ions that are left behind. the chloride ions combine with the calcium and
magnesium to make an insoluble compound that is flushed out. Ingrid

"Nedra" wrote:

Ingrid, I don't have a water softener. But, I can taste the
salt in other folks water softeners.

--
I vot e with Nedra on this one

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Nedra 25-05-2003 10:20 PM

Plant question

Thank You, John! I can't explain my reaction *scientifically*
to water softeners. I just know that once I taste the water I ask
if they have a water softener... not once have I been wrong.

Nedra