Old 18-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Fertilizer

Who was it that said something about soaking their hyacinth and other plants
in miracle grow for a couple of days?
I need to try something, my lilies and hyacinth look terrible.
Priss

Old 19-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Jerrispond

Who was it that said something about soaking their hyacinth and other plants
in miracle grow for a couple of days?
I need to try something, my lilies and hyacinth look terrible.

Priss....put 0-0-60 in the pond ( potash) a couple of tablespoons per 1000
gallons....It did wonders for mine last year Jerri

Old 19-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Sue Alexandre

I just added that yesterday, and I SWEAR the hyacinths look healthier
already today! When I first went out to the pond this morning just to
make sure everything was OK (how many times a day do we do that?) I glanced
at the group of hyacinths (held together in a hula hoop) and thought "My,
they look green and strong today!" and a second later I remembered that I
had tossed some Potash in the water yesterday. Could it really have an
affect on them THAT fast? Unfortunately, I thought my water was cloudier
than usual, too.... is that also a side affect of Potash?
Sue

Old 19-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Where do you get potash at?? Never heard of that.
How was your visit with your son?
Priss

Old 19-05-2003, 09:08 PM
joe

Priscilla McCullough wrote:

Where do you get potash at??

Just go to any good garden store and ask for fertilizer that is 0-0-xx
(where xx is as big a number as you can get - I have 50). Shouldn't be hard
to find

Joe

Old 21-05-2003, 03:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"joe" wrote in message
Priscilla McCullough wrote:

Where do you get potash at??

Just go to any good garden store and ask for fertilizer that is 0-0-xx
(where xx is as big a number as you can get - I have 50). Shouldn't be

hard
to find

I Just want to make sure I am not reading this wrong...

Any fertilizer that is 0-0-xx is equivelant to Potash?

BV.

Old 21-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
"joe" wrote in message

Priscilla McCullough wrote:

Where do you get potash at??

Just go to any good garden store and ask for fertilizer that is 0-0-xx
(where xx is as big a number as you can get - I have 50). Shouldn't be

hard

to find

I Just want to make sure I am not reading this wrong...

Any fertilizer that is 0-0-xx is equivelant to Potash?

BV.

I go to Agway and buy Muriate of Potash. It is inexpensive
$3 or $4 for a 2 1/2lb box, which reads 0-0-55

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 22-05-2003, 01:08 AM
RichToyBox

BV

The numbers on fertilizer are nitrogen, phosphorus, potash in that order,
5-10-5, so the potash would be 0-0-xx. Mine is 0-0-60.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...