Old 22-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Ted

Default New Pond Pics

Here are pictures of the pond this spring, it is now one year old and I just
rebuilt the waterfall and made a small stream. I am still finishing up the
waterfall trimmings but will have to add those after the weekend is over!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ldziedzic2001

--
Thanks,
Lisa

Old 22-05-2003, 07:32 PM
K30a

Looks wonderful!!

k30a
Old 22-05-2003, 07:44 PM
D. S.

I really like that! Love the fish with the long fins!

Looks great!!

D.S.

.. .

Old 22-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Denise

VERY nice photo abums! I think my favorite pic is the "waterfall and
trellis". What a wonderful spot to hang out :-)

Denise

Take a tour of my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 22-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Ted

Nice gardens, being deep south there is so much I cant plant as it will not
tolerate the heat and no rain. I always have to look for those tags that say
heat and drought resistant or they will not survive the summer in the back
yard as it is due west.

Old 23-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Nedra

Lovely ... absolutely lovely!

I'm interested in the size pump you have to make that generous waterfall.
Mine needs to be redone ... but I have no idea where
to even start.

Nedra

Old 23-05-2003, 03:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Excellent job on the stream, looks very natural!!! ~ jan )

On Thu, 22 May 2003 17:52:22 GMT, "Ted"
wrote:

Here are pictures of the pond this spring, it is now one year old and I just
rebuilt the waterfall and made a small stream. I am still finishing up the
waterfall trimmings but will have to add those after the weekend is over!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ldziedzic2001

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 23-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Lee Brouillet

Lisa, it's just beautiful - it really is.

But OMG! The green box: can the power company get to it to effect repairs
when they need to???? If necessary, can the fence come down to allow them
access? I can just see them coming in and wreaking everything so they can
"do their thing". I realize that photos can give weird depth perception . .
.. *please* tell me you left them room????

Lee

.. .

Old 23-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Ted

I bought a Sequence pump. It is the 2400 model of the Sequence 750 series.

http://www.mdminc.com/Sequence_750.htm

This is the link to their web page. I thought at the time they had better
flow and lower wattage and price than some of the other brands.

I also found that www.azponds.com had the best prices on them. Considerably
lower than anyone else. Good to deal with, you can call and they will help
you out with any questions.

I have to say I would definitely buy another. Twice I actually submerged it
accidentally when I was working out the kinks of my Rubbermaid container
pump box. I blew it out with the air compressor, waited a half hour or so ,
plugged it in and it is still running like a champ.

Set Up: I have a bottom drain (not through the liner) that is about four
foot hose length from the pump. My pump is probably only pumping a couple
foot head. I also liked the fact it had 2" inlet and 1 1/2 outlet also. I
bought flexible PVC hose in that size from a couple of local Pool Supply
stores. They are also a good source for the same size bulkhead fittings,
which definitely make things much nicer for connections that are leak free.
Oh yeah, the pump outlet is restricted. I probably only have the ball valve
about a third of the way open. If I had it all the way I would probably have
Niagara Falls!

Let me know if you want any more info and good luck. I am finishing the
waterfall this weekend and hiding the waterfall box. I will post more
pictures when it is complete.

Lisa

hlink.net...

Old 23-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Ted

Yes, I left enough room for them to be able to open the box up. The lid
swings up towards the Cannas. There is several inches of clearance between
it and the retaining wall for the waterfall. That was a big consideration in
the whole design. The cannas can be cut back if they have to get in there
and that will not make it die, which is why I chose it to hide the box. The
pond actually sits about 8 feet from the fence ( which is the utility
easement line) and the waterfall is in the easement but can be disconnected
and moved if it became necessary. The lines to the box though run along the
fence towards the side of the house and there is nothing there but plants
that they can dig up if they have too.

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Lisa, it's just beautiful - it really is.

But OMG! The green box: can the power company get to it to effect repairs
when they need to???? If necessary, can the fence come down to allow them
access? I can just see them coming in and wreaking everything so they can
"do their thing". I realize that photos can give weird depth perception .

..
. *please* tell me you left them room????

Lee

.. .

Old 23-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Nedra

Thanks for all the information, Lisa. I have some thinking and
planning to do! Had not really thought of going with an External.
Now I will ....

Nedra

,

Old 24-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Ted

One other benefit I really like is no lifting that heavy pump box to clean
out the filter material. I have a priming pot with a leaf basket in it and
it catches all the big stuff the pump sucks up. The rest of my filtration
is done just by my veggie filter / waterfall box. I can see the bottom each
year until spring and then I just have to wait a few weeks for the plants to
kick in and the green water is gone. Though next year I may try a UV light
to eliminate the few weeks of green.

thlink.net...

Old 24-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Nedra

Ohhh .. I don't lift my pump at all. It is housed in a Ciprio
pump basket. Which doesn't require that I lift it. Couldn't
do any lifting.... But, thanks again!.
Nedra

"Ted" wrote in message
One other benefit I really like is no lifting that heavy pump box to clean
out the filter material. I have a priming pot with a leaf basket in it

and
it catches all the big stuff the pump sucks up. The rest of my filtration
is done just by my veggie filter / waterfall box. I can see the bottom

each
year until spring and then I just have to wait a few weeks for the plants

kick in and the green water is gone. Though next year I may try a UV

light
to eliminate the few weeks of green.

thlink.net...

"Denise" wrote in message
VERY nice photo abums! I think my favorite pic is the "waterfall

and
trellis". What a wonderful spot to hang out :-)

Denise

Take a tour of my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
NEW POND PICS larryw591 Ponds 2 25-09-2003 01:46 AM
New (soft of) pond pics Axolotl Ponds 17 21-08-2003 02:32 AM
New Pond Pics Ted Ponds 22 13-08-2003 07:43 PM
posted pics of my new pond and old one .... Russ and Cathy Ponds 1 30-04-2003 12:21 AM