Old 28-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Mark T.

Default Copper & Silver Ions

Hi all,
Probably a silly question, but I've just got to ask....
I've been offered a pool water purifier that works
by using a silver and copper ionizing process.
It negates the need to use chlorine in a
swimming pool. It keeps algae, mosquitoes,
etc. from even starting to live in the water.
It worked great in a Jacuzzi.
...............But would it kill my fish and plants
in my pond?

The name of the manufacturer (now defunct),
was Electron Pure.

Thanks,
Mark

Old 28-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Iain Miller

"Mark T." wrote in message
Hi all,
Probably a silly question, but I've just got to ask....
I've been offered a pool water purifier that works
by using a silver and copper ionizing process.
It negates the need to use chlorine in a
swimming pool. It keeps algae, mosquitoes,
etc. from even starting to live in the water.
It worked great in a Jacuzzi.
..............But would it kill my fish and plants
in my pond?

The name of the manufacturer (now defunct),
was Electron Pure.

My father has one of those things on his swimming pool - works very well for
that but I don't think it would be a good idea on a pond. I would think it
might dump quite a lot of copper into the water which would not do your fish
any good at all - nice idea but I'd avoid. Closest match for a pond in terms
of what it does would be a UV sterilizer....

HTH

rgds

I.

Old 28-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Mark T.

Thanks Iain. Better safe than sorry.

"Iain Miller" wrote in message

"Mark T." wrote in message
[...]

Copper & slugs [email protected] United Kingdom 28 28-02-2013 11:02 AM
Algae, photosynthesis and HCO3 and CO3 ions. [email protected] Plant Science 5 19-11-2009 07:28 PM
For Padraig: different kinds of gardens & folliage - Keweenaw Peninsula, Copper Harbor, Michigan.jpg 207129 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Garden Photos 0 11-05-2007 04:12 PM
Slugs & Copper Floyd Gardening 11 29-01-2006 04:06 AM
Banned Herbicides &&&& Pesticides Christopher Norton United Kingdom 1 26-08-2003 07:42 AM