Old 31-05-2003, 11:44 PM
John Bachman

Default How to keep floating plants out of the skimmer?

My pond is new, 8 X 10 X 40". I have not introduced any fish yet as I
want to get the plants going first. My two water hyacinths get sucked
into the intake of the skimmer filter. I have tethered them in place
with fish line for now but there must be a better solution. How do
the rest of you keep your floaters out of the skimmer?

TIA

John

Old 01-06-2003, 01:44 AM
joe

John Bachman wrote:

My pond is new, 8 X 10 X 40". I have not introduced any fish yet as I
want to get the plants going first. My two water hyacinths get sucked
into the intake of the skimmer filter. I have tethered them in place
with fish line for now but there must be a better solution. How do
the rest of you keep your floaters out of the skimmer?

I keep mine growing along the edge of the pond, in between rocks and such.
That way they anchor themselves. As your plants mature, this will become
less of a problem.

Joe