Old 02-06-2003, 10:20 PM
GaneaRowenna

Default Newbie

I am fairly new to the pond scene. I built my pond last spring. I don't know
the gallons, but it is about 12X16 and 3 1/2 ft deep at the deepest portion. I
live in the high desert in NV, zone 7. We have high winds, and a lot of sand.
The sand blows into the pond and settles at the bottom. Sometimes becoming
inches thick. I have tried those swimming pool vacuums, but they just move the
sand around. Is there another way besides emptying the pond every couple of
months?
I would also like to add a stream and waterfall this year. Any certain
dimensions on how high the stream should be compared with the height of the
pond? Is it necessary to add a seperate pond pump and/or filter?
Thanks,
ShawnAnne
Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Is it too late to add bottom drain to your pond? Then from the bottom drain
to a settling chamber with it's own bottom drain!

As to the stream height? It's your choice, just as long as the head pool is
high enough for the water to flow down stream! Check out Greg's pond for a
nice stream set up!

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"GaneaRowenna" wrote in message
[...]

NEWBIE HELP: How to seed? Nick Thudick Gardening 6 01-04-2003 08:44 PM
Newbie Noela Orchids 1 31-03-2003 06:20 AM
Newbie here - Easiest to grow orchid in NW IN pagan Orchids 8 05-02-2003 04:11 PM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM
Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 3 26-01-2003 07:53 PM