Old 04-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Lydia

Default need a filter?

Hi all. I just moved to a new house in Western Washington. For a while
now, I've had water gardening ideas swirling around in my head. So I'm in
the pre-pond stages of planning and learning. I have a question... do I
need a filter if I'm not going to have fish - only plants?

Thanks for your advice,
Lydia

Old 04-06-2003, 09:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Lydia" wrote in message
Hi all. I just moved to a new house in Western Washington. For a while
now, I've had water gardening ideas swirling around in my head. So I'm in
the pre-pond stages of planning and learning. I have a question... do I
need a filter if I'm not going to have fish - only plants?

Nope, no filter needed. Without critters you won't have the water getting
soiled, and since you plan to have plants in the water, you will be filter
the water naturally. I would suggest however that you include a filter in
your future plans. Once you have a water garden, you'll no doubt want fish
some day.

BV.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Lydia

Nope, no filter needed. Without critters you won't have the water getting
soiled, and since you plan to have plants in the water, you will be filter
the water naturally. I would suggest however that you include a filter in
your future plans. Once you have a water garden, you'll no doubt want fish
some day.

BV.

Thanks! Knowing me, I think you're probably right... some day I'll want to
do more. Maybe frogs from behind our house will relocate to our pond.

Lydia

Old 05-06-2003, 11:08 PM
mad

you will need mosquito dunks, though, to eat mosquitos.
mad
--
The truly wise never play leapfrog with a unicorn.