Old 13-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Weldon Wallick

Default Lily flower questions:

My lilies are blooming and I have a few questions:

Do "hardies" normally last just three days? Mine did that.

Do you remove the "old" flower right away, or does it matter? I
wondered if the plant regained nutrients from them?

My red lily put up one flower, then almost stopped growing. A new bud
died. It is now putting out more leaves.

My yellow lily is "leafing", budding and blooming like "crazy". It
actually has two "heads". I didn't notice that when I planted it.

How many of you use "water plant tablets" to feed your lilies? That
may be what the red one needs, although they are planted in the same
soil.

WLW

Old 13-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Jerrispond

Do "hardies" normally last just three days? Yes

Do you remove the "old" flower right away, or does it matter? I
wondered if the plant regained nutrients from them? remove them so they

don't foul the water

My red lily put up one flower, then almost stopped growing. A new buddied. It

is now putting out more leaves. red lilies do not like the sun or heat....if
it is hot where you live it will come back in fall

How many of you use "water plant tablets" to feed your lilies?

My fish "feed" my plants. In the pond right now
my Colorado has 5 blooms and lots of buds and the arc en ciel has 3 blooms and
buds,,,,no other types blooming yet. Jerri

Old 13-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Paul DeWolf

My yellow lily is "leafing", budding and blooming like "crazy". It
actually has two "heads". I didn't notice that when I planted it.

I think having two "heads" means it's ready to be divided, if you want.