Old 15-06-2003, 06:08 AM
K30a

Default new info Robyn's page

Not sure about the finer points of computer wonkiness but
this is from Robyn about her new page(s).
go to www.archive.org and enter the URL. They take snapshots

of all sites every once in a while and old pages will be there. Of
course, if they want to order something, they'll have to take a real time
machine! But, it's useful if they just want to read the info. I just
checked my site and they no longer seem to have my pages from before 2000
although my site started in 1997 and I thought I visited before. Perhaps
they delete some archives over time. I would hope not for the sake of the
hundreds of invalid links on my site. Not many people know about
archive.org though.

k30a
Old 15-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Theo van Daele

IIRC www.archive.org only started working "properly" in the year 2000, and
I'm not sure if they are up to full speed yet.

It's a megatask to keep the millions of websites archived

Theo

Old 15-06-2003, 05:08 PM
John Rutz

K30a wrote:
Not sure about the finer points of computer wonkiness but
this is from Robyn about her new page(s).

go to www.archive.org and enter the URL. They take snapshots

of all sites every once in a while and old pages will be there. Of
course, if they want to order something, they'll have to take a real time
machine! But, it's useful if they just want to read the info. I just
checked my site and they no longer seem to have my pages from before 2000
although my site started in 1997 and I thought I visited before. Perhaps
they delete some archives over time. I would hope not for the sake of the
hundreds of invalid links on my site. Not many people know about
archive.org though.

k30a

-- thankd for the tip K30 sorry they didnt have your old site
If they did maybe you could have rebuilt it

I am about to delete the links page on my site as a lot of the links are
now dead

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com