Old 15-06-2003, 06:33 PM
crclark

Default Need Advice for/pump/filter

Should I get a larger pump and filter or should I get a smaller one and keep
the one I have for my 1000 gal pond that is really a 3000 gal pond. The
water is clear, tests are as they should be, fish are happy, fat and healthy
and I have 30 or 40 babies who are very active. I just do not know what to
do. I do know I need more water turn over and a heavier flow for my
waterfall. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Te pond
stores around here each carry their own brand and of course push them..What
to do?? a confused granny.

Old 16-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Bob H

If the filtration is working why not buy a second bigger pump and run it
directly to the waterfall, you could also put it on a timer so you had the
pretty flow while home to enjoy it and the other could run 24/7 for
filtration thereby saving a few bucks on power.

thlink.net...

Old 16-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Wilmoe

The solution of adding a WF pump will work for the water but I'm still
concerned about the fish. Another pump would add yet another source of low
frequency vibration that certainly is felt and possibly heard by the
fish. I wonder how much their little systems can take. Perhaps noise pollution
is a possible cause for the occassional "all my fish are dying!" posting?

Bill
Mukilteo,WA