Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Crazy Worms

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about some worms that I found. I recently built a
large pond and life is starting to take hold. I discovered millions of crazy
worms and I was wondering if someone could help me ID them. There are large
limestone rocks (fist size) directly outside of my outflow pipes. Yesterday
I noticed that these rocks were completely black (we're talking 100+ rocks)
I had thought that it was black algae common seen in aquariums so I picked
up a rock to check it out. The rock was moving! It was 100% covered in these
1/4" worms. The water is moving fast. Like 100+ gallons a minute so it cant
be mosquitoes. The rocks are completely submerged in water. Anyone have any
ideas what these are? They have not been found anywhere else in the pond.

Thanks,

Sam