Old 21-06-2003, 03:20 PM
John Rutz

Default OT- how much

How Much Dirt?
===============

I want to test your mathematical skills

Calculate the amount of dirt in the following size hole in cubic
feet or cubic yards:

6 ft long x 3 ft wide x 18 inches deep

Don't use pencil or paper; calculate it in your head.
This tests raw calculating ability.

Scroll down for the answer...

0

There is no dirt in a hole.

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 21-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Anne Lurie

No dirt -- you'd have an empty hole.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"John Rutz" wrote in message
How Much Dirt?
===============

Old 21-06-2003, 11:20 PM
zookeeper

John Rutz wrote:
How Much Dirt?
===============
I want to test your mathematical skills
Calculate the amount of dirt in the following size hole in cubic
feet or cubic yards ...
This tests raw calculating ability.

:-(
I failed miserably -- never was one to read word problems carefully.
Read too quickly, and missed a key word in the direction sentence.
Thanks for the self-laugh this morning.
--
zookeeper

Old 22-06-2003, 12:32 AM
John Rutz

zookeeper wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

How Much Dirt?
===============
I want to test your mathematical skills
Calculate the amount of dirt in the following size hole in cubic
feet or cubic yards ...
This tests raw calculating ability.

:-(
I failed miserably -- never was one to read word problems carefully.
Read too quickly, and missed a key word in the direction sentence.
Thanks for the self-laugh this morning.
--
zookeeper

--

ah well I had it figured in cubic feet yards and gallons :-)

Old 22-06-2003, 03:20 AM
John Hines

John Rutz wrote:

How Much Dirt?
===============

I want to test your mathematical skills

Calculate the amount of dirt in the following size hole in cubic
feet or cubic yards:

6 ft long x 3 ft wide x 18 inches deep

Tis 1 yard^3, how much dirt, well, upto that amount.

Old 22-06-2003, 03:32 AM
John Rutz

John Hines wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

How Much Dirt?
===============

I want to test your mathematical skills

Calculate the amount of dirt in the following size hole in cubic
feet or cubic yards:

6 ft long x 3 ft wide x 18 inches deep

Tis 1 yard^3, how much dirt, well, upto that amount.

--
ahhha cought another one you didnt read all the way down did you?

Old 22-06-2003, 05:44 AM
Hank Pagel

Ok! No dirt, but what size liner do we need?

"John Rutz" wrote in message

John Hines wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

How Much Dirt?
===============

Old 22-06-2003, 08:20 AM
zookeeper

Hank Pagel wrote:
Ok! No dirt, but what size liner do we need?

Okay, now we can take the OT out of the subject line.
ROFLOL!!
--
zookeeper

Old 22-06-2003, 04:08 PM
John Hines

John Rutz wrote:

John Hines wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

How Much Dirt?
===============

I want to test your mathematical skills

Calculate the amount of dirt in the following size hole in cubic
feet or cubic yards:

6 ft long x 3 ft wide x 18 inches deep

Tis 1 yard^3, how much dirt, well, upto that amount.

Actually I did. Your testing folks knowledge of language.

I gave the cubic volume measure, and said it can hold UPTO that amount
of dirt. As I don't know how much dirt is in the hole, that is the
answer, although I'm willing to bet, it ain't much more than a measuring
errors worth.

Language Lawyering is an old game, it goes both ways. Gotcha.
Old 22-06-2003, 04:32 PM
John Rutz

John Hines wrote:
John Rutz wrote:

John Hines wrote:

John Rutz wrote:

How Much Dirt?
===============

I want to test your mathematical skills

Calculate the amount of dirt in the following size hole in cubic
feet or cubic yards:

6 ft long x 3 ft wide x 18 inches deep

Tis 1 yard^3, how much dirt, well, upto that amount.

Actually I did. Your testing folks knowledge of language.

I gave the cubic volume measure, and said it can hold UPTO that amount
of dirt. As I don't know how much dirt is in the hole, that is the
answer, although I'm willing to bet, it ain't much more than a measuring
errors worth.

Language Lawyering is an old game, it goes both ways. Gotcha.

--

Ok you did ROFL