Old 02-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Dan

Default Big Sister Filter

Has anyone ever used one of these and did you have any problems with
it?
Can it be refitted to accept 2" PVC input and 3" output pipes?
I'm also not sure it'll be big enough alone to filter my new pond. No
idea what size yet. Have to buy the house 1st.....BG I know, cart
before the horse and all.
I want to feed it with a 3600gph Pondmaster, or 2 1800 gph, then the
BS then into a waterfall filter to a VegFilter to the pond.
I think it'll be enough filtering with the other items but I'm not
sure about the flow.
I'd hate to buy it & find the flow I need spills over it's sides.
With all the experience here, maybe someone can advise me?
Thanks
Dan, New in Florida.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:43 PM

Jo Ann, who has several outdoor ponds and a DH who has really bad knees uses these
and says they are the best thing they ever found, sooo easy to maintain. Yes, they
do retrofit larger PVC pipe for the reason you state. Call 1-251-649-4790 and ask
for Steve he will tell you what he did. Ask them about the pumps they use. The been
thru everything and have found items that work for them ... I know the pumps are more
expensive, but dont quit suddenly either. Of course, you are close enough to Jo
Ann's to drive there too and see how they got it set up. I am going down there next
week and will take pictures of their filters and their set up. Ingrid