Old 26-06-2003, 05:56 AM
sandra

Default OT Still OT

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
zookeeper wrote:

My favorite childhood book: The Secret Garden -- checked it out so many
times in 3rd grade, the librarian finally made me check out 8-10 other
books before she'd let me read it again. :-) Wise lady, although I did
plenty of grumbling then. Every time we visit a local book reseller I
look for that particular edition and will pay whatever it costs when I
find it.
--
zookeeper

That was also my daughters favorite. She had 3 copies.
That lasted until she discovered Narnia. She had a walk-in
closet that she converted to a library. If she didn't
answer when I called I always knew where to find her.

--
Bonnie
NJ

That was my mothers favorite book also. Mom being oldest of 6 and working to
raise them didn't have any time to call her own. Having just read this
thread to my sister who as it turns out remembers just about every favorite
she had ordered thru those book companies says her favorites were Giant John
(all 3 of us sisters were beanpoles from age of about 7), There's an
elephant in my bathtub, Be kind to spiders and Mike Mullegan and his
steamshovel. Sis reminds me that I had one called Sam, Bangs, and Moonshine.
We would likely still own these books except that sister number 3 was a
terror on her and our items. Most books, records, toys ended up chewed/torn
and mutilated.
sandra :)

Koi Still Flashing MC Ponds 1 07-06-2003 07:08 AM
Still Looking Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 02-03-2003 01:53 PM
Burpee's is still in business; new tomato variety Minteeleaf Edible Gardening 1 27-02-2003 02:39 PM
Still good? Castor Bean Seeds TOM KAN PA Gardening 3 21-02-2003 07:03 PM
(LONG) 22 Years old, but still worth reading. (truffles) Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 3 16-11-2002 10:29 PM