GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lotus Frustration (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/34846-lotus-frustration.html)

John Rutz 10-07-2003 05:32 AM

Lotus Frustration

Nedra wrote:
John I am Sooo Glad you found the lotus is still
alive and growing!!

I don't know where you have it sitting now -
but if you put it about 3 or 4 inches below the
surface of the water .... you may just get a flower this year!

Nedra

thats where it is was

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

BenignVanilla 10-07-2003 01:56 PM

Lotus Frustration

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message

Still no aerials here, but I now have 3 buds in one pot and 2 in the

other
coming up. The pads on the surface are finally showing some width, both
have a pad 5-6" diameter, but nothing close to BV's monsters. First bud

is
now a little bigger than the size of a ping pong ball. :o) ~ jan

snip

Not to add insult to injury...but...I now have two aerials and 3-4 new
leaves coming up on the surface. BV

Ah, no problem, I've got an aerial today, 5 buds total with the first
looking like it might be open by tomorrow. :o) ~ jan

snip

Awesome.