Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 PM
John Rutz

Default romet b

Ingrid

found this article on romet b seems it s for Aquaculture I though
you said Qquaculture has no relation to ponds
--
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 01-07-2003, 06:32 PM

I didnt say aquaculture has no relationship to ponds. I said naturally occurring
lakes have little to no relationship to our ponds. Aquaculture generally, but better
yet breeders of koi and GF have the best cultural information for us.

Lakes: water flows into and out of it naturally. nature deals with overstocking by
increased predation and sudden die offs. Fish species arent named.

Aquacultu no natural water flow other than rain. Both predation and problems are
treated. Pet fish have a wider range and more aggressive treatments, better
predation control than for food fish. Individual fish arent named.

Ponds: no natural water flow. we clean our ponds, we aggressively prevent disease
and predation. Individual fish come when they are called... usually respond to the
name "come and get it".

Ingrid

John Rutz wrote:

found this article on romet b seems it s for Aquaculture I though
you said Qquaculture has no relation to ponds

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:51 AM

John Rutz wrote:
yes but the USDA article states that romet is only aproved for catfish
trout salmom and Lobsters, its not aproved for Bass for instance

..... approved for food fish, that is one can feed romet only to certain fish and then
sell em in X# days after the last feeding. they are referring to how long it takes
for the antibiotic to clear out of the flesh of the fish so it is safe for
consumption. this has nothing to do with it being effective in treating diseases in
koi and GF.

and in your salt thread you said tha t the results shown for salt in not
treating bacterial disease in aquaculture didn't show that salt wouldnt
work in treating the same diseases in ponds

..... ?????? I dont have a clue what you are asking. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 02-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Tom La Bron

John,

This remark you make about Ingrid saying that Aquaculture has no relation to
ponds is a hoot. ROFL. Virtually every URL that she and others post trying
to support their information is Aquaculture based. After some discussions
on several of the KOI pages it has been found that much of what is touting
on these pages are based on these Aquaculture findings, also. Ruth of the
University of Georgia, who Ingrid always quotes, deals herself in
Aquaculture and the finding that Ingrid has presented from her are
Aquaculture based and not ornamental pond culture based.

Then there is which Romet B you are talking about, because there are two
now, similar, but different. The Romet was originally formulated for
Catfish farmers and it has spread to other species.

John, the only way to point something out to Ingrid is to quote her directly
for the message in question. Other wise she will twist it around to you not
reading it right.

Tom L.L.
"John Rutz" wrote in message
Ingrid

found this article on romet b seems it s for Aquaculture I though
you said Qquaculture has no relation to ponds
--

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...publicat/usda_
rac/efs/srac/473fs.pdf+romet+-+b&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Old 02-07-2003, 07:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Tom, would it be at all possible to give your opinion/advice/knowledge
without snipping a fellow poster? ~ jan

"John Rutz" wrote in message
Ingrid

found this article on romet b seems it s for Aquaculture I though
you said Qquaculture has no relation to ponds
--

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...publicat/usda_
rac/efs/srac/473fs.pdf+romet+-+b&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

See my ponds and filter design: