Old 10-07-2003, 12:30 AM
Nedra

Default 2003 July 8, Shareholders Pond Photos

BV, I think you've hit on the clue... Clay Water! Yes!!!!!!!!!

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
BV,
I adore the pond. Looks so cool and inviting. And the Lotus -
Good Heavens! What are you feeding this gorgeous thing?
Those leaves look like they must be a yard across.....

snip

Nedra...I am embarassed to say...I have added nothing to my pond except
dechlor and calcite for the clay. I guess I have just been lucky. Either
that, or this clay water is a good thing!

BV.

Old 10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"joe" wrote in message
John Rutz wrote:

dunno BV you know the sayin if it aint broke dont fi it

I don't think BV knows that one.

All right if I didn't just SOMLOL, I'd pray to the pond goddesses to give
you string algae.

BV.

Old 10-07-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Wilson" wrote in message

The plant in pic #602 is what I was looking for.....if you figure out what
that is please post it.

snip

I understand that to be called, "Frog bit". I got mine form Jim & Phyllis.
I'd be happy to share some for postage. I think I have enough to split some
off. Juet email me your address and what it is I promised you. I have to
mail a bunch of plants this weekend, I'll add this to my list.

BTW, to all that are waiting for the duckweed, it will go out before Sunday
I promise.

BV.

Old 10-07-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
BV, I think you've hit on the clue... Clay Water! Yes!!!!!!!!!

snip

You know, I am starting to believe this.

BV.

Old 10-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Wilson

BenignVanilla m wrote in
message ...
"Wilson" wrote in message

The plant in pic #602 is what I was looking for.....if you figure out

what
that is please post it.

snip

I understand that to be called, "Frog bit". I got mine form Jim & Phyllis.
I'd be happy to share some for postage. I think I have enough to split

some
off. Juet email me your address and what it is I promised you. I have to
mail a bunch of plants this weekend, I'll add this to my list.

BTW, to all that are waiting for the duckweed, it will go out before

Sunday
I promise.

BV.

TY BV....when I'm ready for it(soon) I'll do that.

~Wilson~

Old 10-07-2003, 10:22 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Pretty amazing BV!!!! So when you gonna clip the grass. ;o))))
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Pretty amazing BV!!!! So when you gonna clip the grass. ;o))))
~ jan

Not sure I ever will. I am really shooting for a natural look, and when the
grass gets long and flops over, it makes a beautiful pond edge. I'll have to
do some close up's so you can see what I mean.

Old 12-07-2003, 03:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Pretty amazing BV!!!! So when you gonna clip the grass. ;o))))
~ jan

Not sure I ever will. I am really shooting for a natural look, and when the
grass gets long and flops over, it makes a beautiful pond edge. I'll have to
do some close up's so you can see what I mean.

LOL! Hey, K30, I think I've found your ponding soul mate. ;o) ~ jan

Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 AM
K30a

My pond is about as informal as you can get.
The fish love to nose around for bugs in the long grasses. And you just never
know what else is hiding in there (food, water and cover ;-)
My moto is if you have to trim it, care for it, spray it, worry about it - off
the island, outta the yard!

k30a

Old 12-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Nedra

Now I know why the size of my pond is Shrinking!
All the grasses, bushes, trees, etc. that were growing
up, around, and over the pond ... is now IN the pond ...
There isn't much surface room left ;-)

Nedra

Old 12-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Nedra

Terrible grammer there ole gal. How about if you said:
"......over the pond ... ARE now in the pond...."
that sounds much better.

Nedra

thlink.net...

Old 12-07-2003, 08:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message

My pond is about as informal as you can get.
The fish love to nose around for bugs in the long grasses. And you just

never
know what else is hiding in there (food, water and cover ;-)
My moto is if you have to trim it, care for it, spray it, worry about it -

off
the island, outta the yard!

I can't find your site URL anywhere. What is it?

BV.

Old 12-07-2003, 08:20 PM
K30a

BV wrote I can't find your site URL anywhere. What is it?

There is no URL.
My computer nerd still isn't up to the job.
We try and then the site freezes. I think he tried Geo Cities the last attempt,
when we attempted to register - frozen.
DH did run some kind of fix-it program all yesterday
and so we might be able to get something up someday. I have all the pictures on
a CD, ready to go.
I run an ancient Power MAC so it has to go in on the kids' PC.

k30a
Old 13-07-2003, 07:20 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

BV wrote I can't find your site URL anywhere. What is it?

There is no URL.

I have at least one picture of her pond on my website. I think it's listed
under "Friend's Ponds". ~ jan

S.Central WA Zone 7a
5 minutes from K30

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/