Old 09-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Benign Vanilla

Default 2003 July 8, Shareholders Pond Photos

I have posted some updated photos of Shareholders Pond on my web site. I
have so many projects going on now, that I just do not have the time to
update my pond site, so I just added pix to my on-line album.

Here is the link:

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/pondphotos.htm

Follow that link and then click on July 8 for the current shots.

BV.

Old 09-07-2003, 04:32 AM
jammer

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 23:04:51 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

I have posted some updated photos of Shareholders Pond on my web site. I
have so many projects going on now, that I just do not have the time to
update my pond site, so I just added pix to my on-line album.

Here is the link:

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/pondphotos.htm

Follow that link and then click on July 8 for the current shots.

BV.

Hey thanks, that looks real nice and peaceful. I like your froggy
friends, too. And seeing the size of that lotus, i see it wouldn't be
for my little pondlet.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Nedra

BV,
I adore the pond. Looks so cool and inviting. And the Lotus -
Good Heavens! What are you feeding this gorgeous thing?
Those leaves look like they must be a yard across.....

Nedra

Old 09-07-2003, 05:44 AM
K30a

Nice to see the pictures!

The froggy in the VF looks to be sitting in Frog Bit.
;-)

k30a
Old 09-07-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
BV,
I adore the pond. Looks so cool and inviting. And the Lotus -
Good Heavens! What are you feeding this gorgeous thing?
Those leaves look like they must be a yard across.....

snip

Nedra...I am embarassed to say...I have added nothing to my pond except
dechlor and calcite for the clay. I guess I have just been lucky. Either
that, or this clay water is a good thing!

BV.

Old 09-07-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message

Nice to see the pictures!

The froggy in the VF looks to be sitting in Frog Bit.
;-)

Ahhh...yes frogbit. That rings a bell! I think that is what Jim called it.

BV.

Old 09-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Lee Brouillet

I gotta chime in on the lotus leaves, also! They look like you could use
them for umbrellas! Oh - nice job on the pond, too GBG! Your hard work is
paying off.

Lee

Old 09-07-2003, 05:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
I gotta chime in on the lotus leaves, also! They look like you could use
them for umbrellas! Oh - nice job on the pond, too GBG! Your hard work

is
paying off.

snip

The lotus is going crazy, which is why I plan to put it in it's own pond
next year. *laugh* Thanks for the compliments. I am quite happy with the
main pond for the most part. I have a few areas of liner I think I still
need to work on, and a waterfall is a must. Right now the VF is my only
problem area. I am not happy with the way it came out. I have A LOT of liner
showing over there, which bothers me.

BV.

Old 09-07-2003, 06:44 PM
John Rutz

Lee Brouillet wrote:
I gotta chime in on the lotus leaves, also! They look like you could use
them for umbrellas! Oh - nice job on the pond, too GBG! Your hard work is
paying off.

Lee

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I have posted some updated photos of Shareholders Pond on my web site. I
have so many projects going on now, that I just do not have the time to
update my pond site, so I just added pix to my on-line album.

Here is the link:

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/pondphotos.htm

Follow that link and then click on July 8 for the current shots.

BV.

Lookin good BV
wonder if I moved my lotus to the bottom ofthe pond if it would grow

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 09-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:

Lee Brouillet wrote:

I gotta chime in on the lotus leaves, also! They look like you could use
them for umbrellas! Oh - nice job on the pond, too GBG! Your hard
work is
paying off.

Lee

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

I have posted some updated photos of Shareholders Pond on my web site. I
have so many projects going on now, that I just do not have the time to
update my pond site, so I just added pix to my on-line album.

Here is the link:

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/pondphotos.htm

Follow that link and then click on July 8 for the current shots.

BV.

Lookin good BV
wonder if I moved my lotus to the bottom ofthe pond if it would grow

Local pond shop put his on the bottom of his pond also.
It has been there for a few years and is doing quite
well.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 09-07-2003, 07:09 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Rutz" wrote in message
snip
wonder if I moved my lotus to the bottom ofthe pond if it would grow

snip

Mine is there purely out of misunderstanding. I don't plan on keeping it
there next year.

BV.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
"John Rutz" wrote in message
snip

wonder if I moved my lotus to the bottom ofthe pond if it would grow

snip

Mine is there purely out of misunderstanding. I don't plan on keeping it
there next year.

BV.

dunno BV you know the sayin if it aint broke dont fi it

Old 09-07-2003, 10:21 PM
joe

John Rutz wrote:

dunno BV you know the sayin if it aint broke dont fi it

I don't think BV knows that one.

Old 09-07-2003, 10:21 PM
Wilson

The plant in pic #602 is what I was looking for.....if you figure out what
that is please post it.

~Wilson~

Old 09-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Anne Lurie

I think one lotus leaf would be the perfect size to shade my entire teeny
water garden! Too bad said water garden couldn't support the plant, though!

Nice pictures!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC