Old 10-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Judy

Default New Liner Over Old?

Goodmorning, hopefully I can explain this, we have two ponds side by
side. I want to enlarge one of them and join them. Since the old
liners are pretty dirty I thought I would replace one liner to the
pond I want to enlarge and join the other pond by laying that same
liner on top of the old one. Do you think this would work? Can this
cause a problem with a liner on top of a old liner later on? The
reason I would not prefer to pull it up is the second pond is actually
attached to a third small pond with a barrier between. The smaller
pond was built to be used as a holding pond for new fish. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:34 PM
John Rutz

--
aure it can be done in one of the incarnations of my pond the first one
i think i had put gravel on the bottom, it leaked (poor quality liner)

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 10-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Judy wrote:
Goodmorning, hopefully I can explain this, we have two ponds side by
side. I want to enlarge one of them and join them. Since the old
liners are pretty dirty I thought I would replace one liner to the
pond I want to enlarge and join the other pond by laying that same
liner on top of the old one. Do you think this would work? Can this
cause a problem with a liner on top of a old liner later on? The
reason I would not prefer to pull it up is the second pond is actually
attached to a third small pond with a barrier between. The smaller
pond was built to be used as a holding pond for new fish. Thanks.

I have heard of people putting a liner on top of one that
has a hole or tear that they couldn't fix. I see no reason
why you couldn't place one on top of another.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 11-07-2003, 02:20 AM
Judy

Thanks for the advice. This weekend we should be able to complete the
larger pond. By putting a liner on top of another I don't have to
worry about leaks by taping them together. I'll let you know how it
goes.

Old 12-07-2003, 03:56 AM

It's not good. If you ever get water between the two (and you will)
the top liner will float and float for a very, very long time.

--
SLOTHEAD