Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2003, 03:08 AM
jammer

Default Odor detected today

I check my pond temp every other day or so. It is staying in the 70's
since i started partially covering it with cardboard during the day. I
can see nearly to the bottom, water looks clear. I have loads of
plants and a small fish load. Today i pulled up the thermometer and
there was a terrible smell. I didn't think the thermometer reached the
bottom, but i could be wrong. I haven't done a water change in a while
and will do that tomorrow, but i suppose i am supposed to be vacuuming
the pond? I planned to do this this fall anyway, but should i do it
now instead or even also? Is this a major red flag and i should act
now? I have only goldfish and a 70 gallon pondlet. No filtration, etc.
I am also afraid of killing the snails i have in there. I think i am
going to set up an aquarium and syphon the vacuumed water through a
net and get all the snails i can. Think they will live off of
anacharis and algea til next spring?

Geraniums odor Phisherman[_3_] Gardening 4 08-03-2009 09:48 AM
Motion detected Water sprayer Olde Hippee Ponds 2 30-03-2006 02:51 PM
Skunk odor Ed Schmitt Gardening 6 11-08-2003 06:07 AM
Pond odor follow up Jackytar Ponds 10 02-06-2003 03:08 AM
Pond odor Jackytar Ponds 14 29-05-2003 11:56 PM