Old 11-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Wilson

Default Sand as foundation?

My neighbor came over recently and admired my new waterfall and future plans
for a pond, it seems he has caught the fever and wants one too....he asked
me if he could use sand instead of dirt to build the foundation of his
waterfall(approx. 3-3 1/2 feet high). I have no idea....would it collapse
over time?

~Wilson~

Old 11-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Hank Pagel

Since we basically have only sand where we live I supported a
preformed upper pond(VF of sorts) with concrete blocks and then
backfilled with sand and a layer of topsoil. The soil has to be topped
off every year as it settles, but the top pond is fine and still
level. In other words .... yes, you can use sand but you have to be a
little more sneaky. Once the blocks are buried nobody will know.
........Oh sure! me and my big mouth just told everyone!

"Wilson" wrote in message
My neighbor came over recently and admired my new waterfall and

future plans
for a pond, it seems he has caught the fever and wants one too....he

asked
me if he could use sand instead of dirt to build the foundation of

his
waterfall(approx. 3-3 1/2 feet high). I have no idea....would it

collapse
over time?

~Wilson~

builders sand instead of horticultural sand jw 111 Texas 15 24-08-2005 02:46 PM
Sand as foundation? Wilson Ponds 2 13-07-2003 01:08 AM
Sand sand and sand kcchin Gardening 8 15-06-2003 04:20 PM
biology with a QM foundation rabbit manure Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 12 26-04-2003 01:31 PM
Vine to cover foundation CP Texas 9 05-04-2003 11:11 AM