Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2003, 04:02 AM
O3raledale

Default newbee questions

hello all,
I've been reading and learning here for a few weeks. Two weeks ago I finally
got my small pond in (my first one) It's 4'x6' 18" deep with a 30 gallon
biofilter, bottom inlet, spilling into a 10 foot long stream that empties back
into the pond. Well all of the water is flowing under the rocks in the little
falls and I'm planning on using spray foam to seal the rocks so the flow goes
over the rocks. I have about 20 little gold fish (15 one inchers and 5 two
inchers) and a bunch of pond plants already in the pond. On Sunday I was
planning on turning off the pumps and draining the stream (the filter has a
check valve in line so it won't empty) removing the rocks and cleaning/drying
the stream liner and reinstalling the rocks while using the spray foam. After
I'm done with the foam and rocks and all looks good how long should I wait
before turning the pump back on? Will the not completely set up spray foam hurt
the fish or water? Will the foam be effective sticking to the wet rocks? Any
other thoughts and/or tips?
Thanks for any help,
Pat

newbee kris anthem um Australia 0 10-07-2008 05:57 AM
Newbee here Lauraj Edible Gardening 1 01-04-2006 07:14 PM
Plant newbee wanting assistance =Nick Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 21-06-2005 02:45 PM
Lots of Newbee Questions Banks2070 Ponds (alternative) 1 05-06-2005 06:29 PM
newbee Boi-filter question O3raledale Ponds 7 09-08-2003 02:38 PM