Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
O3raledale

Default newbee Boi-filter question

Hello all,
I've been reading here for weeks and learned much from all of you and my little
250 gallon pond is doing great. Thanks! I just picked up the remainder of my
stone today and I'm planning on moving my bio-filter back about a foot and left
about a foot. I'll then add an extension to my liner using liner tape and
rebuild the water falls that lead to my stream. I'm thinking of draining the
bio-filter before moving it and I need to know if an hour or two with the
filter empty will cause damage to the filter. And what way should I prep the
liner before using the liner tape? And iare there any other concers that I may
be overlooking?
Thanks again to all,
Pat
(the newbee in Philly)
Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
BenignVanilla

"O3raledale" wrote in message
[...]

How about running some tubing from the filter (cheap at Home Depot) and back
to the pond from the filter. You can just lay it on the ground and let it
cycle the pond while you do the other work?

BV.

Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
O3raledale

BV,
Thanks for the idea, that might just be the answer.
-Pat
(heading back to the depot)

Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
K30a

Carl wrote all pond work takes triple
the time you think

chortle!
And that is optimistic!

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html

Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
O3raledale

OK, so if I plug the inlet and fill it back up with buckets of pond water (from
the top the inlet is on the bottom) I should be ok for a couple hours ?
-Pat

No such thing as two hours being shut off. all pond work takes triple
the time you think.. probably should plug it at least to keep it moist

Old 09-08-2003, 02:38 PM
O3raledale

OK, so if I plug the inlet and fill it back up with buckets of pond water
(from
the top the inlet is on the bottom) I should be ok for a couple hours ?
-Pat

From what I understand, and it is limited, you like to keep the water
moving, but if you keep it moist you should be able to get 2 or 3 days
out of it. I use a Fluidezed bed filter (LOVE IT!) and it went down for
a few days. Came back, started it back up, and the nitrite dropped
immediately (meaning the Bio Mass was still active).

Hope this helps

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

Carl,
Thank you,
-Pat

Its pretty clear.....I own John "boi lover" Smith John Smith[_5_] Ponds 0 19-11-2008 04:26 PM
Newbee here Lauraj Edible Gardening 1 01-04-2006 07:14 PM
Plant newbee wanting assistance =Nick Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 21-06-2005 02:45 PM
Lots of Newbee Questions Banks2070 Ponds (alternative) 1 05-06-2005 06:29 PM
newbee questions O3raledale Ponds 7 23-07-2003 02:12 AM