Old 20-07-2003, 11:33 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default duckweed - aphid killer

If you find just one plant, put it in a separate container. I bring in very
little an over winter. It just kinds of sits there than takes off once it's
outside again. There is a down side to duck weed. It is extemely hard to
eradicate aphids from your pond with it around.

Has anyone tried that herbal aphid killer that is safe for ponds? I've got
aphids on the lotus pads and they are not as easy to work with as lily
pads, tend to tear easily. ~ jan

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:56:50 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

I received my shipment of duckweed from BenignVanilla
& put IT in my pond.

ummmmm IT lasted all of 43 min 18 seconds!!!!

dang those fish loved that stuff

*pout*
that was one expensive meal

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 21-07-2003, 02:54 AM

Are we talking a floating small leafy thing or a full plant?
You take in over the winter?
Mine is found floating on the surface of the still water.
I have to keep mine separate from the fish to keep any.
I feed mine a hand full every three or four days.

Rich

Old 21-07-2003, 11:22 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:42:24 -0400, Rich wrote:

Are we talking a floating small leafy thing or a full plant?
You take in over the winter?

In my case I take in full plants (taro, bog lily, palms) and the duck weed
hitches a ride and that's what starts my duckweed in containers. Duckweed
will overwinter in the pond.... if the fish don't get to it. ~ jan