Old 27-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Mickey

Default UV Clarifier Size

Why do clarifiers need to be so large for a bigger pond? I have seen stories
of people using a clarifier and it cleared the water overnight. Does that
mean if I put a 10 watt clarifier on my 3000 gallon pond and hook it up to
the proper flow rate it might take three days instead of 1? I am very
willing to live with that if it uses 60% less electricity and costs 50%
less.

Old 27-07-2003, 09:52 AM
commander

Years ago I let someone sell me a 25 watt uv for my 1800 gal pond.
The uv box said it could be used on a pond up to 1200 gal. For me,
1800 gal full sun, it did not work. I now have a 40 watt uv. I guess
it's been out there for 3 or 4 years. The pond is always clear. I put
in a 650 gal pond so I could use the 25 watt uv. The thing about a uv
is how much sun your pond gets. Even with the 40 watt it took about 4
days to clear.

You can check out my ponds at:
http://herrin30.home.mchsi.com/
Michael
Mobile Al.

Old 27-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Rick Samuel

We use a 15w UV in a 1000 gal. pond. Took 4 days to clear. In cen. Tx.,
almost full sun.

Reactor size VS Tank Size? chaz Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 18-05-2006 02:33 PM
UV Clarifier Orientation Bampa Ponds 6 13-09-2003 11:02 PM
FS: submersible ultraviolet clarifier/sterilizer for pond barbara archuleta Ponds 0 13-06-2003 03:32 AM
FS: UV Pond Clarifier (UK) Mike Edwardes United Kingdom 0 09-03-2003 07:59 PM
FS: UV Pond Clarifier (UK) Mike Edwardes Ponds 0 09-03-2003 07:59 PM