Old 06-03-2003, 07:28 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Big Rocks?

I recognize the complexities of pebbles and soil in the pond, but what about
some big rocks? I am thinking some items of interest in the pond would add
to aesthetics. Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
I recognize the complexities of pebbles and soil in the pond, but what about
some big rocks? I am thinking some items of interest in the pond would add
to aesthetics. Any thoughts?

--
BenignVanilla
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
tibetanbeefgarden.com
x-no-archive: yes

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

I do have a few large roudnd rocks on my ledge. They help
to keep the smaller pots from being dislodged by the fish
when spawing.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 06-03-2003, 11:34 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

I recognize the complexities of pebbles and soil in the pond, but what about
some big rocks? I am thinking some items of interest in the pond would add
to aesthetics. Any thoughts?

Yeah, they look nice. Sometimes you can find them, that are interesting
in their own way.

Keep an eye out around construction sites where there is digging, they
often uncover rocks.

And rent Lucille Ball's "the long trailer".

Old 06-03-2003, 11:34 PM
~ jan

Big rocks, no problem, other than taking up water space. ;o) ~ jan

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

I recognize the complexities of pebbles and soil in the pond, but what about
some big rocks? I am thinking some items of interest in the pond would add
to aesthetics. Any thoughts?

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Bob

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:09:04 -0500, "BenignVanilla"
wrote:
I've used small and large rocks to line my pond. You can check it out
at:
www.gulftel.com/seadogs
scroll down and click on pond
I recognize the complexities of pebbles and soil in the pond, but what about
some big rocks? I am thinking some items of interest in the pond would add
to aesthetics. Any thoughts?

You may see our pond at:

www.gulftel.com/seadogs

Old 08-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Gregory Young

Few big rocks are fine. Just make sure you can get to any areas of bottom of
pond between rocks to vacuum out the debris when it accumulates.
Bottom drain properly setup can make that an non-issue.
Happy ponding,
Greg

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...