Old 30-07-2003, 01:14 AM
johnrutz

Default OT? red eared slider

I bought my granddaughter a small RES for her aquarium
but I cant find anything on whether or not clorinated water afects
turtles

I can't get rec.herps anyone have an clue
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 30-07-2003, 01:32 AM
K30a

Just to be on the safe side I would
dechlor/dechloramine the water.

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/
Old 30-07-2003, 01:42 AM
johnrutz

K30a wrote:
Just to be on the safe side I would
dechlor/dechloramine the water.

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/

-- thanks K30

Old 30-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Cleveland Ponder

I have two RES. I had them in an indoor tank for the winter and did
regular water changes of 50% and never added anything to eliminate the
chlorine/chloramines. I don't believe it is a problem because they
are air breathers. The problem with fish is that it burns their
gills.

Old 30-07-2003, 03:22 PM
johnrutz

Cleveland Ponder wrote:
I have two RES. I had them in an indoor tank for the winter and did
regular water changes of 50% and never added anything to eliminate the
chlorine/chloramines. I don't believe it is a problem because they
are air breathers. The problem with fish is that it burns their
gills.

johnrutz wrote in message ...

thanks kinda what I thought but beter to ask than not, hate for her to
lose it right off the bat

Old 30-07-2003, 06:12 PM
joe

johnrutz wrote:

I bought my granddaughter a small RES for her aquarium
but I cant find anything on whether or not clorinated water afects
turtles

I can't get rec.herps anyone have an clue
--

John,
Try this link:

http://www.turtlehomes.org/

Joe

Red eared slider in a Koi pond joe Ponds 8 01-10-2011 08:24 AM
RED EARED SLIDER TURTLE Mainpin Ponds 3 01-08-2004 04:29 AM
Red eared slider turtle Mainpin Ponds 9 16-01-2004 05:42 AM
RED EARED SLIDER Mainpin Ponds 4 07-06-2003 08:44 PM
Sick Red eared Slider Rhino Ponds 2 08-04-2003 07:56 PM