Old 04-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Lynn Strickland

Default Zone 10, Liner-Killer Plants?

I'm in Zone 10, just digging the hole, but wondering:

What are the plants that you definitely don't want near your pond [or that
should have concrete between them and the liner]?

I know that a Queen palm eats-up liners. Any others that I should
definitely avoid in close proximity? Any comments specifically on: Fig,
Ficus, Pygmy Date Palm?

Thanks!

Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Bamboo for the runner types. ~ jan

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:44:25 GMT, "Lynn Strickland" wrote:

I'm in Zone 10, just digging the hole, but wondering:

What are the plants that you definitely don't want near your pond [or that
should have concrete between them and the liner]?

I know that a Queen palm eats-up liners. Any others that I should
definitely avoid in close proximity? Any comments specifically on: Fig,
Ficus, Pygmy Date Palm?

Thanks!

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/