Old 10-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Les

Default Space Under Deck

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
I have a deck that is about 4 feet off the ground. I built lattice around
the base last year to hide the ugly dirt piles under neath. Since we moved
in, I have tried to figure out what to do with the space. It's not really
good for storage because 1) It's only got a four foot clearance, and I

don't
want to see junk piled up under it.

Any ideas?

I wonder if it would be a good place for a bog?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

I have a very similar space under my deck and I have filled it with river
rocks. These blend in with the rocks in and around the waterfall and give
an overall natural appearance.
Les

Old 10-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Hank

Throw some horse s*#@ under there and grow mushrooms.

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"BenignVanilla" wrote in

message
I have a deck that is about 4 feet off the ground. I built lattice

around
the base last year to hide the ugly dirt piles under neath. Since

we moved
in, I have tried to figure out what to do with the space. It's not

really
good for storage because 1) It's only got a four foot clearance,

and I
don't
want to see junk piled up under it.

All good ideas...but I really want to USE the space. It seems a

shame to
just hide it, and it is too far from the pond to be a pump area.

Does anything cool grow in total shade?

BV.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"john rutz" wrote in message

Nedra wrote:
Ohhhh ... I like this idea. Sounds very romantic.

Nedra

"groovy" wrote in message

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

one thing that might work and look good would be hosta's and ferns they

do well in deep shade

Oooh...ferns...would look awesome!!!

BV.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"Hank" wrote in message
.. .
Throw some horse s*#@ under there and grow mushrooms.

snip

I am not sure how the horse s*#@ would react with the above deck
inhabitants.

BV.

Old 18-08-2003, 09:24 PM
D Kat

It would depend if the above deck inhabitants were horse's a%$es or not....
but then I love the smell of cleaning a horse barn... could be I'm a horse's
a%$.

DK

P.S. lots of shade plants would do well under a deck as long as the builders
hadn't put in a bunch of builder's trash there, you had nice soil rather
than stone for drainage, you were willing to water regularly, etc..
(Hostas, astilbe, wild ginger, ferns...).

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

.. .