Old 17-08-2003, 03:05 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default What is Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (OT)

Several ponders have asked what Jog-A-Thon is at the bottom of our posts.
It is a fundraiser that I (Jim) put together for Phyllis' school and have
begun to do with other public and private schools. Helps them raise
scholarship money, etc.

Not as satisfying as ponding, but satisfying as it helps the schools raise a
lot of money. We got tired of overpriced candy bars!

Jim
Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Old 17-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Steve and Lisa

I wanted to tell you that as a parent your Jog-A-Thon fund raising program
would be such a welcome relief from the magazine sales they do in North
Canton.

1. It would teach the children to actually work for the funds. i.e.: # of
laps = # of $ raised (I remember doing all kinds of walks etc when younger
to raise funds for organizations such as CROP)

2. Here in Ohio there are so many overweight children, and this is a
healthier approach at raising funds instead of friends and family purchasing
magazines they really don't have time to read or even want.

Unfortunately I see on the school schedule in September that "Magazine Sales
Start" (sends shivers down my spine) and my son will once again be hounding
everyone to renew or purchase more subscriptions.

Lisa

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message . ..

Old 17-08-2003, 01:02 PM
NauticalWheeler

We have used the Jog A Thon for four years at our
Elementary school. The kids look forward to it and
have stopped me in the hall to ask when it was going
to be! We give t-shirts to those that bring in $25 or
more. On those t-shirts we list sponsors whether it is
a family (who donates 50 or more) or a local business
who donates money or prizes. It is great fun and something to try. Because
of the great response from
the Jog A thon we do not have to ask the children to
sell....it is alot of fun too!
Lisa
. ..

memory Jog fuerjefe Ponds 8 15-02-2004 02:37 AM
[IBC] Bonsai Books on Ebay for Fundraiser [email protected] Bonsai 0 30-10-2003 01:02 PM