Old 17-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default size question

I am hoping to re-do the pond over when fall hits and go bigger. I have a
couple Koi in my pond a guy gave me and they would be happier in a bigger
pond. Mine right now is 5x10 or 11 can't remember and 3 feet deep. I am
wanting to go 12x18 and 3ft on my side and 3 1/2 on the other. Either square
shape or kidney. How much liner do I need for this. I am also seriously
thinking about trying the roofing liner since I am on a budget and pond
liner is so expensive. Seems like you all have had no problems with the
roofing liner.
Priss

Old 17-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Pris,

Your projected 12 x 18 x 3.25 (average) would be 5265 gallons. Here is a
calculator website. http://www.pondrushes.net/uscalc/uscalc.htm

We used roof liner without a problem on our smaller ponds and streams.
Rinse it off and go for it. It comes in 20' width, so you may have to seam
it. That is not hard with the cement. A bit of a drag...but worth it in
savings, we think.

Good luck. Take pics and post them!

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Old 17-08-2003, 03:02 PM

Did you move the desmail point?
Mine is aprox 12 x 14 x 3 rubber roof and we flush and refill each year.
Using a fire truck we use 500 gal.

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...

Old 17-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Glenn S.

I think maybe you moved a decimal point. With your dimensions, I come up
with 3,770 gallons for your pond. Are you sure it wasn't a 5,000 gallone
truck? Firetrucks couldn't do very much with only 500 gallons of water!.

gds

Old 17-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Andrew Burgess

"Priscilla McCullough" writes:

I am hoping to re-do the pond over when fall hits and go bigger. I have a
couple Koi in my pond a guy gave me and they would be happier in a bigger
pond. Mine right now is 5x10 or 11 can't remember and 3 feet deep. I am
wanting to go 12x18 and 3ft on my side and 3 1/2 on the other.

Deeper. As deep as you can manage to dig it.

Either square
shape or kidney. How much liner do I need for this. I am also seriously
thinking about trying the roofing liner since I am on a budget and pond
liner is so expensive. Seems like you all have had no problems with the
roofing liner.

Sounds that way. I'd probably scrub with dish soap and rinse like mad
anyway :-)

Old 18-08-2003, 02:53 AM
Jerrispond

. I'd probably scrub with dish soap and rinse like madanyway :-)

why?.....I think the soap would do more damage than dirty liner.....Jerri

Old 18-08-2003, 03:01 AM
Jerrispond