Old 20-08-2003, 09:02 AM
David Appleby

Default cleaning

when is the best time to completely empty the pond and refill it,I have a
koi pond.

Old 20-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Sam Hopkins

When you have time....

Old 20-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Nedra

I would need lots more information before guiding you on
this. For Instance, Is the bottom
just dirty? How many gallons are you talking? How big and
how old are the koi?
I would wait until the cooler temps of autumn before attempting
to clean. Please get back to us on these questions ......

Nedra

Old 20-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Ghislain

Hi! I lost all my 35 fish this past winter.I drain the 800 gal pond.I was
surprised to see that much dirt at the bottom.I say clean the pond out every
second year.Keep the pump one foot or more from the bottom.
E-mail me if you want.Everything is Ok now.I have to clean my filter every
second week.I have about 20 new fish and they are doing fine

Old 20-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Benign Vanilla

"David Appleby" wrote in message
when is the best time to completely empty the pond and refill it,I have a
koi pond.

Never...fish need water to stay alive. Seriously, why empty it unless it
is full of gasoline or something?

BV.

Old 20-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Andrew Burgess

"David Appleby" writes:

when is the best time to completely empty the pond and refill it,I have a
koi pond.

1. Never

2. When you are enlarging the pond.

What do you hope to accomplish by draining?

Old 22-08-2003, 06:11 AM
GrampysGurl

when is the best time to completely empty the pond and refill it,I have a
koi pond.

Are you having problems with your pond where you feel the need to go through
all that work? I do a yearly shop vacc cleaning on my pond and that's pretty
much it. I do overflow the pond a little a couple/few times a year as well....
that's probably not needed either.
Colleen
Zone 5 Connecticut

* FREE * Classified Ads for Vacuums ,Carpet Cleaning equipment, and Carpet Cleaning Vans and Vehicles Classifieds Webmaster Lawns 1 19-08-2004 12:43 PM
Cleaning Tetra cannister filter??? Barry Ponds 3 10-04-2003 05:08 AM
cleaning LRobi31070 Ponds 5 25-03-2003 04:08 AM
Cleaning greenhouse Dave Orchids 8 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
cleaning the pation - need help! Greg Lawns 0 11-11-2002 12:14 AM