Old 20-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Debbie

Default Forgot to link

http://community.webshots.com/user/dantes64

I was so excited I forgot to add the link...
How embarrassing!!

Old 20-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Debbie" wrote in message
http://community.webshots.com/user/dantes64

I was so excited I forgot to add the link...
How embarrassing!!

Schweet. I like the look. I am not a big fan of the 'ring of pearls' look,
but you have pulled it off nicely.

BV.

Old 20-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Sue Walsh

"Debbie"
http://community.webshots.com/user/dantes64

I was so excited I forgot to add the link...
How embarrassing!!

Hi Debbie,
It took me all night to figure out what the link was to add!!!

Your pond is real nice, I really like the lights along the stream, I
think I'll try to do that to mine. Mine has been up since January,
but with being away and then the heat here in full Florida sun I have
not planted anything around it yet. Hope to do that this fall. I too
am not a fan of the pearls look, but I have done that to mine here in
Fl. Yours look so much nicer with the plants all around, I'm looking
foward to planting mine soon and having some of the pearls(stones)
covered up with plants.

I was wondering if I could use my headpool as a veggie filter and I
see from yours it is possible. I'd most likely use iris and or
papyrus which grows great down here, can't use water hycainth, it's
banned here. I assume you just floated the plants in the headpool,
rather than potted them. Pots would just take up too much room I
guess. How deep is your veggie filter area? Love the overall effect
you created with your pond area. Great Job, enjoy it...

Sue W

You can see my pond album called 'Rippling Waters'
http://community.webshots.com/user/aspenjd
Old 20-08-2003, 07:12 PM
DePonder

My veggie filter is about 24 inches deep. I have some Parrots Feather and
Anacharis along with the Hyacinth. I also got the added benefit of some
duckweed that came in the pot with my Parots feather which has multiplied
nicely. It seems to be doing a really good job of filtering. The water is
much clearer now.

The lights are solar and I am not especially pleased with the amount of
light they produce. I might move them around to a flower bed and get some
electric lights.

I saw the pic's you posted and like your setup too. It does make a big
difference to have plants around. I dread the winter when they all die back
:-(
We have had more rain here than usual and the hot weather has held off until
the past week of above 90 degree temps so I have had a lot of luck with my
plants.

Debbie

"Sue Walsh" wrote in message
om...
"Debbie"

Old 21-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Anne Lurie

Debbie, I like the variety of plants you chose! And I really like the
bridge.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 21-08-2003, 03:12 AM
AngrieWoman

It looks really nice!

Old 21-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Karen Mullen

In article , "Debbie"
writes:

http://community.webshots.com/user/dantes64

I was so excited I forgot to add the link...
How embarrassing!!

your yard and pond really look lovely, enjoy!

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 22-08-2003, 06:06 AM
Lee Brouillet

Debbie, it's beautiful. You have much to be proud of. If I may make a
suggestion, however: Watch your water level when the wind blows . . . your
fountain may cause you to lose water. You may wish to keep one of those
foaming bubble heads on hand for when it gets windy. But it sure looks nice!

Lee

Old 22-08-2003, 07:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Now that was a really pleasant ponding slide show. I love all your bird
houses on the fence, very cute, and you have just the right amount of
whimsy around the pond, imo. Really nice and fun. Great job! ~ jan

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:35:16 -0500, "Debbie" wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/user/dantes64

I was so excited I forgot to add the link...
How embarrassing!!

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 23-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We loved your stream. How green do you think it will get? Down here in MS,
it would be covered with blanketweed in a hurry. We have limited open
stream surface because of that. What we do have, we clear every few weeks
when we think about it (total exposu 3'. The koi keep the main pond
clear. The plants keep the VF clear.

Great job!

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley