Old 25-08-2003, 07:12 AM
Karen Mullen

Default pond lighting

I forget who was looking for ideas for lighting around their pond, Joe maybe,
at any rate...I have posted a picture of the pond at night with the light on on
the main page and 2 pictures on the Pond Progress page. I 'm going to try
again as when I started the time lapse, my son drove in the driveway and set
off the motion light, not quite the effect I wanted plus I need to take the
screen out of my window, I think it caused a bit of fuzzing.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 25-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Carl Beyer

In article , joe
wrote:

Yup, that was me. Thanks.

Nice pond!

Joe

I did a bunch of "homemade" lighting in my waterfall / pond....

I used low voltage lighting (too dangerous IMO to use high voltage in my
situation).

I took a number of the el cheapo outdoor low voltage light bulbs and ran
cord to them, just glued them up to the rocks underneath the fall. This
illuminates the light from behind. Then I took a couple of the sealed
beem low voltage bulbs and sealed them with Plumbers Goop, and threw
them into the pond with a rock on top of them. more than a year later
and they work great.

To light a pond without much experience in lighting, I suggest going out
at night and expirementing. You will instantly see your results, and
get some great ideas. Plan on 3 or 4 nights of tinkering before the
final glueing / placing.

Hope this helps

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com
Old 26-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , joe writes:

Nice pond!

Thanks Joe, a work in progress
Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Lighting Question -length and interrupted lighting JHudson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 13-12-2003 06:32 AM
Pond lighting Dave Bell Ponds 4 11-10-2003 01:22 AM
pond lighting Barry Ponds 1 10-09-2003 11:30 PM
Pond Lighting joe Ponds 13 22-08-2003 06:09 AM
Lighting in Koi Pond questions Carl Beyer Ponds 5 11-04-2003 08:08 PM